Six of the artists behind some of the most popular web games on the internet have teamed up to release The Open Game Art Bundle, an name-your-own-price indie bundle replacing games with soundtracks, sprite sheets, and source code.
“The web is meant to be an open landscape; being in this bundle is how we choose to honor this,” the artists explain in a statement on the bundle site. “We want to give works to the public, funded by the public.” Every purchaser will get the items included in the bundle on a Creative Commons Commercial License. If the bundle reaches the threshold of $10,000, all works included will be released into the public domain under a Creative Commons Zero License.
The artists and items included in the bundle are:
- HalcyonicFalconX (Three soundtracks from Adventure Story, Bullet Hell, and Epic Battle Fantasy 3
- Jimp (Art and animations from two unreleased games)
- NutcaseNightmare (Soundtrack and Source Code from Reimagine :The Game:)
- Strat Kat (Two full albums and a collection of background music)
- Kenney (A platformer game art pack)
- Mind Chamber (art assets from three of his projects)
There are also extra rewards based on your donation:
- $10+ Your name will be credited in all downloadable packages.
- $25+ DRM-free copies of the Gap Monsters and 4 Horsemen soundtracks.
- $50+ A DRM-free copy of the Epic Battle Fantasy 4 soundtrack.
- $100+ NutcaseNightmare will personally draw you or your character.
The Open Bundle is available for purchase until July 14. You can purchase it at open.commonly.cc.