We reported a couple weeks back that Mojang had sent off their latest update for Minecraft: Pocket Edition to Apple, and it is now available for you to download. This version of Minecraft: PE, version 0.5.0, adds the ability to create paintings to add some more flavor to your impenetrable fortress, the ability to farm mushrooms, and plenty of other cool additions.
Players will also be able to build a Nether Reactor, which goes hand-in-hand with the newest enemy of the game: zombie pigmen. There’s tons of other tweaks and fixes for the game that can be found in the full press release below.
It’s been awesome to see Minecraft: Pocket Edition grow over the past few months and get closer to its PC counterpart. To pick up Minecraft: PE, you can do so by visiting the App Store or Google Play today.
The full press release can be found below:
- Mushroom farming
- Zombie pigmen
- Nether Reactor
- Restore hearts when sleeping in bed
- Food now restores more health
- Tweaked the fog to make the game less foggy
- It is now easier to get out a bed
- The game could crash when loading a saved game [MCPE-442]
- Animals would sometimes never respawn in a map [MCPE-272]
- Using an item could sometimes attack animals/players when not facing them [MCPE-269]
- Spawning by a bed sometimes resulted in the player being several floors up from it [MCPE-51]
- Seeds would drop below grass block when using the hoe [MCPE-7]
- About 25 additional bug fixesComplete list of fixed bugs: 0.5.0 fixed issues