Are you a graphic designer? Would you like to help us bring our monthly publication to life? If so, we’ve got a job for you!
The Indie Game Magazine is looking for an art-savvy layout designer to work with our Editor-in-Chief on creating the monthly mag. It’s a paid commission job, per issue, and we’re looking to bring someone on in November to begin working with us for our December issue. Here are the requirements:
- Experience with Adobe InDesign
- Working knowledge of Adobe Photoshop
- Layout experience (Magazine experience is preferred but not required, so without it we will need to see samples of brochures or similar projects that demonstrate graphic design ability)
- The ability to work from the 20th-25th each month
- The creativity and flexibility to come up with ideas while embracing the ideas of others
- Samples are required, so please provide some visual demonstration of graphic design ability
As mentioned in the requirement section, applicants will need to be free to work from the 20th to the 25th each month. Our layout process is pretty straightforward: Graphic designers are provided with specific templates and all the necessary text and art assets. It is their job to put them all together in a way that fits within our style guide. Graphic designers are provided with previous issues of the Magazine to use for reference, and all necessary fonts, templates, and materials needed to complete the project.
The commission will depend on the applicant’s experience level, as well as how efficiently they can work. Typically, based on prior experience, it takes about 3-4 days to layout the Magazine, and then 1-2 days to revise it based on notes. The project is estimated to require about 24 total hours of work per month.
To apply, please send an email to email@example.com with the Subject Line “Help Wanted: Graphic Designer” along with a resume, brief cover letter specifying why you’re a good fit for the role, and some samples of previous graphic design work. We’ll be considering applicants until the position is filled, at which time this post will be updated accordingly.