Minecraft has been a massive success, in case you hadn’t heard, it’s one of the big indie success stories out there to really come to life in the last year or so. As is often the case with this sort of thing, many projects since have taken inspiration from Minecraft in order to carve out their own niche in the indie market, and on Android, no game has had more success in bringing that same magic to a portable medium than Mindblock’s Block Story.
Since its release, the game has seen mixed success in terms of downloads, but those who have tried the game have responded with overwhelmingly positive reviews. In light of this sucess, the game’s developers have just released a massive update to the game, adding so many new features that their printer could not even keep up when asked to record them all. As a sandbox game, much of the player experience is left to the amount of tools the developer places in the player’s hands, well this update has provided many more, just check out all of the additions:
- Forgotten Sky: A new world which may only be reached by flying or building a tower 200 meters into the air.
- Moria: Another new world located between earth and hell.
- About 10 new blocks and recipes.
- Health and mana potions
- New Ores: Unobtainium, Klorium, and Cryptonite, used to craft high level items.
- Teleporters to get back to your spawning point. (Last bed, or world center)
- New Mobs: Goblins, warriors and angel goblins.
If the addition of this new content isn’t enough for you, the developers have also made a number of intangible improvements to the game:
- Optimization to increase FPS numbers by 30% or more on some devices.
- Darkening skies while in caves.
- Collision detection tweaks which allow players to walk nearer the edges of structures, making roof building less frustration.
- Players may now sleep in beds.
- Increased player speeds.
- Improved jump timing.
- Recipe book improvement.
- The ability to switch off particle effects when destroying blocks. (Found in the Misc settings)
- The ability to toggle Asset dumping to reduce gameplay crashes due to memory issues. (Found in Misc settings)
All of this leaves little doubt that Mindblocks are supporting their game which can be bought on Google Play for five dollars.
For more information on Block Story, check out the games’ Google Play page.